Reference #: PI.GSE.GLA.15072019
Salary Range: Competitive
Servelec Controls is looking for a Graduate Control Systems Engineer, interested in specialising in the provision of full turnkey solutions for a range of industrial control and monitoring applications. You will be working on projects for clients in the Power, Nuclear and Defence industries.
The role will include:
- Designing industrial control systems (both hardware and software).
- Utilising Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's).
- Utilising Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software packages.
- Working in-house based in our Glasgow office and on clients' sites throughout the UK if required.
- To contribute to the design, programming, testing and commissioning of industrial control system software (The focus being upon Siemens, Rockwell, ABB and Schneider products) under the guidance of experienced Control System Engineers.
- To contribute to the design, assembly, testing and commissioning of industrial control systems hardware and safety system hardware under the guidance of experienced Controls System Engineers.
- To perform the configuration and commissioning of communications between PLC and SCADA/Database components using industry standard protocols.
- To work as an integral team member contributing to the resolution of hardware and software challenges.
- To develop a thorough understanding of Servelec Controls' operational procedures and ensure compliance with both internal and external standards.
Key Personal Attributes
- Electrical and Electronic or Electrical and Software Engineering degree or similar qualification.
Essential Skills, Competencies:
- Academic or Work Placement experience of design, development and implementation of PLC / SCADA / HMI Systems and/or implementation of similar industrial IT solutions.
- Proficient in generation of project documentation (from URS to O&M Manuals).
- Understanding of system drawings, including GA’s, Wiring Schematics and Termination Diagrams.
- Undertaken of a structured project delivery lifecycle.
Desirable Skills, Competencies:
Experience in, or a knowledge of, some of the following:
- PLC programming
- SCADA programming/implementation
- High level programming language
- Hardware design and testing
- Network design
- Cyber security principles
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with others and able to instil confidence.
- Able to take direction from senior colleagues.
- Flexible, co-operative and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- Interested in continuous improvement and an enthusiastic learner.
- Confident and calm under pressure.
- Not afraid to admit mistakes.
- Appreciate the need to deliver technical requirements while achieving time and budget constraints.
- Comfortable balancing multiple pieces of work and ensuring that deadlines are considered.