Reference #: WAR/GLA.SSE.020719-2
Salary Range: Competitive
If you are experienced and talented in the field of industrial Real-time Information Systems (RtIS), this is an excellent opportunity to join our expanding team. Servelec Controls is a class leading system integrator, operating in niche energy and infrastructure markets, with major 'blue chip' clients and significant history and technical knowhow. The company has a strong position in growth areas such as real time information systems (digitalisation) of the UK’s critical national infrastructure, which optimise operation and in the asset life extension of the UK’s nuclear power stations negating the need for costly decommissioning.
Led by our Centre of Excellence in Aberdeen we design, build and deploy Real-time Information Systems and Solutions and support our clients’ systems for the long term through on-going development and maintenance.
In this position you would take a key role in supporting the expansion of Servelec Controls' RtIS capability across our Power and Infrastructure client base and delivery teams, based out of either Warrington or Glasgow. Supported by our established Centre of Excellence, you will undertake a wide range of tasks related to the design, implementation and delivery of Real-time Information Systems solutions, principally in the Power and Infrastructure market.
The key aspects of your role would be to:
- work with clients to identify solutions appropriate to them;
- produce Requirements Specifications and Design Specifications;
- develop Test Strategies and produce Test Specifications;
- design and develop applications as part of Real-time Information Systems;
- give clear, effective presentations to customers on status of their work;
- investigate and resolve problems with Real-time Information Systems;
- operate in accordance with Company policies and procedures;
- lead a small team, developing others through mentoring.
To succeed in this we expect you to have good analytical and problem-solving ability and be someone who is:
- enthusiastic to understand developing technological capabilities and to identify how these can be applied;
- readily able to capture information, analyse it, and articulate an appropriate solution;
- capable of communicating clearly both in written and interactive form;
- confident dealing with all levels of audience and self-sufficient working away from the office;
- a person who interacts well with customers at a senior level in a manner that instils confidence;
- able to develop strategies and think in terms of architectures;
- capable of managing others to achieve successful outcomes as a team;
- disciplined to deliver technical requirements while achieving time and budget constraints;
- able to balance multiple pieces of work to ensure that all are progressed as expected.
As for your qualifications and experience, we are looking for a good selection of the following:
- degree or HND in a computing related subject;
- proficient in Microsoft Office products;
- sound grasp of IT methodologies and of related governance issues;
- experience with software development technologies, methods and processes;
- good understanding of IT infrastructure, including servers, operating systems, databases and networking;
- good knowledge of OSIsoft PI products, preferably including development experience using the OSISoft development technologies;
- good knowledge and understanding of the power generation, nuclear decommissioning, transmission and distribution and other related infrastructure industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with a well-respected UK company where you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you would like to share in our ongoing success, apply with your CV for immediate consideration.Apply for this position