Reference #: OG.SYS.23072018-2
Salary Range: Up to £32,000.00
We are looking for a number of Systems Engineers based in Aberdeen.
A really exciting opportunity is available for a talented IT Application Support Analyst to join our expanding Real-time Information Systems (RtIS) team. In this position your knowledge and skills would be extensively used to deliver a first class service to our clients within our Service Hub at our Centre of Excellence in Aberdeen.
What will you be doing?
You will be working within an exceptional team of likeminded professionals you would be ultimately responsible for the provision and delivery of a wide range of assignments related to the support, design, implementation and delivery of Real-time Information Systems solutions, in the energy and infrastructure market.
Servelec provides solutions for a range of real-time information systems across the energy and infrastructure sectors, particularly in oil and gas and in power. Led from our Aberdeen office we design, build and deploy Real-time Information Systems and Solutions and support our clients’ systems for the long term through on-going development and maintenance.
The key aspects of your role would be to:
- investigate and resolve incidents related to Real-time Information Systems using Incident Management methodologies
- Perform Root Cause Analysis using Problem Management methodologies
- Fulfil client service requests related to Real-time Information Systems
- Work with clients to identify solutions appropriate to them as part of our Continual Service Improvement process
- Produce Requirements Specifications and Design Specifications for Support related activities
- Develop and execute Test Specifications for Support related activities
- Assist in the development and configuration of solutions based on Real-time Information Systems (principally using the OSIsoft PI System)
To succeed in this we expect you to have good analytical and problem-solving ability and be someone who is:
- Familiar with the concept of SLA’s (Service Level Agreements)
- Familiar with ITIL methodologies
- Comfortable interacting with others and able to instil confidence
- An enthusiastic learner
- Confident and calm under pressure
- Not afraid to admit mistakes
- Capable of communicating clearly both in written and interactive form
- Disciplined to deliver technical requirements while achieving time and budget constraints
- Able to balance multiple pieces of work to ensure that all are progressed within agreed timescales
As for your qualifications and experience, we are looking for a good selection of the following:
- Degree or HND in a computing related subject
- ITIL knowledge
- Experience in the use of ITSM Call Logging systems
- Awareness of programming using Microsoft .NET technologies and scripting for the automation of processes
- Awareness of Database Systems including Microsoft SQL Server
- Awareness of OSIsoft PI products (preferably including development using the OSIsoft development technologies)
- Knowledge of the upstream oil and gas industry and/ or the power generation industry
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with a well-respected UK company where you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you would like to share in our ongoing success, apply with your CV for immediate consideration. Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.Apply for this position