Servelec Controls is proud to announce our involvement in a significant and unique project, assisting Indassol in the relocation of an entire CHP Plant from North Wales to the far Eastern reaches of Turkey, close to the borders with Iraq and Syria.
The scale of the task Indassol faces seems staggering, but is all in a day’s work for this specialist asset consultancy. Literally brick by brick this established CHP plant will be deconstructed, packaged, shipped and reconstructed some 2,500 miles from its current home.
Indassol have combined the specialist services of its own team with those of select partners, including Servelec Controls whose current scope of supply includes:
- Design, construct, install and commission complete site wide Distributed Control System (DCS) based on a Siemens PCS7 solution.
- The new PCS7 system will replace existing Alstom DCS for most site services (MCC/ACC Control, MV/LV Switchgear etc)
- New PCS7 solution to also replace existing Rockwell Water Treatment Plant and Mitsubishi Steam Services.
- Replace Turbine Control, electronic governor and basic protection systems on two Frame 5 Gas Turbines and one Steam Turbine.
- Redesign and fit-out new site Local Equipment Rooms (LERs).
- Investigate and provide technical proposals for migration of existing site Fire & Gas and Emergency Shut-Down Systems.
Chris Stones, Business Development Director for Servelec Controls commented:
“This project came about very suddenly and moved quickly from enquiry to order placement – the main reason being the team work and flexibility displayed by Servelec Controls during the bidding process. We were able to clearly demonstrate many case studies over recent years where we have delivered large scale projects on time and in budget. For this particular project we spent many days on site conducting detailed surveys to ensure our technical proposal was 100% in keeping with the Indassol’s expectations, especially given the site would be completely deconstructed by the end of August, a challenge we had not faced before. We have quickly become a trusted technical partner for our client and are working jointly with them on several similar projects to start over the coming months.”
For further information on this project or services offered by Servelec Controls please contact our Business Development Director, Chris Stones, email@example.com
Division: Servelec Controls
Category: Controls, Indassol, Turkey, Syria, Iraq, DCS, Siemens, PCS7, Combined Heat and Power