Dounreay Site Restoration Limited (DSRL) is the site licence company responsible for the closure programme at Britain’s former centre of fast reactor research and development.
The Dounreay Fast Reactor plant is currently in the process of de-commissioning and as such the required monitoring functions of the overall system continue to evolve and require adaptation as the de-commissioning process progresses.
Servelec Controls’ main scope of supply under a sub-contract to Amec comprised the following:
- The PLC system in the Sphere I/O station chamber using Omniflex’s Maxiflex PLCs
- Remote PLC system in the ESB I/O station using Omniflex’s Maxiflex PLCs
- Data monitoring system based on Intellution’s iFix SCADA package. The SCADA system comprises a pair of redundant iFix SCADA servers and a single iFix client
- Alarm Annunciator System located in the DFR Control Room
- UPS system and 24 VDC Power Supply Unit
- Sphere I/O Panel
- System printers and networking equipment